Christmas and I, I and Christmas!

20:18:00

Those who know me know: I am Christmas time lover.
December arrives and my inner child shows up.
The lights, the smells, the Christmas spirit get me smiling from ear to ear.

Maybe it's because of the memories Christmas brings back to me.
Gifts are not the first thing to pop up in my mind.
It's the images of my family around the table at grandmas' places, the fireplaces, the Christmas trees, the food... and the sweets! The board games, the smiles and the wait for midnight. And the feelings...
Is tipical of Christmas to bring all kind of feelings. 
Nostalgia of the "good old times". The longing for those who are not with me anymore, and those who live faraway. The happiness of having so many good memories and stories to tell; the happiness of being with my beloved ones.

Maybes, it's because of what Christmas means to me: Family.
If at the age of 5 the best gift were Nenucos, at 21 the best present is to have my family reunited.
The feeling of having them around me, to be thankful for being able to share yet another moment with them and appreciate them being there. It's the fact of wanting to absorb every single thing: the emotions, the love, the union and the smiles. Those small details that make my heart warmer.
And of course, the magic that makes this moments even more special.


Maybe it's because the heart is more open or because hope grows more.
Maybe it's because of that magic I talked about.
Maybe it's the Christmas spirit.
Maybe it's all of these and much more...
After all, there are things that not even 1000 words can be describe.

With love (lots of it!),
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment