I am a girl who...

21:06:00

I'm a girl who studies health and being so no other definition of health could be as good as the one I learnt for my exams. If I remember well, on one of those 1001 pages I had to study you could read that health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

In other words, to be healthy is much more than eating five fruits and vegetables a day. To be healthy is much more than not being sick.
Saying so, you can only consider yourself someone healthy from the point where there is a balance between all these things. They interact with each other and if one of them does not go as it should, all the others will be affected negatively.

Now... here is where the hard work starts: to keep the balance.


Life is as complicated as beautiful, and I believe everything depends on ourselves. If I'm healthy or not, it only depends on me as if you are healthy (or not) depends on you.

Life is fascinating and you, me or anyone else, we are the result of it. Tell me the truth... Don't you feel extraordinary because you are unique?


What makes me feel good can easily make you feel not so good. I'm lactose intolerant while you probably can drink milk without feeling sick. However, it's not because I have this problem that I will stop drinking it. There are other solutions... like soja milk (which is expensive as hell but I love it so much!)

Another exemple? It is not because I can't climb that hill close to my house while jogging that I will stop doing my morning runs and sit all day on my couch. Something about me is that I always believe in myself no matter what is going on. Proof is... I can already jog half of that hill. 



I'm a healthy woman who is surrounded by positive people, with strong characters, and who side my well being. These people make part of what I like to believe to be a good environment for my health.  The other ones, the less good ones, those I don’t even allow them to enter my life. 

The conclusion that I came to is that being healthy is not as easy as it may seem. 
To go for a healthier lifestyle demands a lot - love, curiosity, wisdom,  determination, dedication, and much more!
After all, being healthy cannot be summarised in a text. Being healthy is a constant “travel”.

With love,

Eduarda

No comments:

Post a Comment