Social Media Detox

22:10:00

For this you will need:

1 cup of willpower 

I know, this isn't a normal detox recipe... because this isn't a normal detox plan either.

After years of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, I felt like I needed a break from social networks.

On a Saturday night, after telling my closest friends about my decision, I deactivated my accounts, deleted all the apps and that was it.

21 days without social networks!

I needed time to take some important decisions and reorganise my life.
I needed to stop feeling afraid of missing out little stories about everything and everyone.
I wanted new (and good!) habits/ routines for myself.

In those 3 weeks of freedom, I read more, I slept more. I even wrote posts in advance and planed new things for Jardin Secret!
I looked at certain things in a way I never did before. I enjoyed moments in a different way.

In 21 days, I got used to not care about everyone else was doing. I got used to profit of my time to do real things, in the real world.

I still use my accounts (as Jardin Secret depends on these too!).
I still check my Facebook and Instagram during the day... But less frequently.

Jardin Secret suffered with my decision but this detox was one of the best decision I've ever made.

One of these days, I might go on "holidays" again but for now time to enjoy my coming back!

With love,
Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment